The Ventopedic Palm Aid
has a firm center roll with a soft adjustable strap. This hand positioning aid is designed to prevent skin breakdown in the palm for individuals who have a closed hand due to a stroke or other disability. It is made of Ventopedic fabric which eliminates odors generally caused by moisture related bacterial growth in a contracted hand. Controlled levels of hydrophobic and hydrophilic fibers inside the fabric attract and expel skin moisture four times faster than regular fabric. The center cylinder prevents the hand from closing completely and prevents the fingers from causing sores in the palm of the hand. The palm roll is designed to keep the skin at a regulated temperature to help prevent decreases the risk of skin breakdown.
The Ventopedic Palm Aid is designed to fit either the right or the left hand. It is available in 4 sizes and roll circumferences:
Ventopedic Palm Aid Information
- Extra Small has a 4 inch cylinder circumference, 1 inch cylinder diameter and 5 inch cylinder length.
- Small has a 5 inch cylinder circumference, 1.5 inch cylinder diameter, 5 inch Cylinder Length.
- Medium has a 5.5 inch cylinder circumference, 2 inch cylinder diameter, 5 inch cylinder length.
- Large has a 6 inch cylinder circumference, 2.5 inch cylinder diameter, 6 inch cylinder length.
Ventopedic Palm Aid Specifications:
- Ventopedic Fabric Content: 90% Polyester, 10% Cotton, Latex Free.
- Ventopedic Fabric Care: Machine Washable 160 - 167°F (71 - 75 ° C) Drying Temperature 220 °F.
- Fits: Left or Right hand.
- Made in: Canada.