The Heelift® Suspension Boots
were designed by an orthopedic surgeon to effectively remove pressure from the heel. Each offloading boot includes an elevation pad that lifts the heel and disperses pressure evenly across entire calf.
Heelift Suspension Boots eliminate heel pressure by lifting the heel with an elevation pad and suspending it in a protective space. Pressure is transferred from the heel and dispersed evenly across the lower leg. In pressure ulcer prevention regimens, this heel offloading boot is appropriate for at risk patients who are immobile, post-operative or suffer from diabetes, cardiovascular disease or dietary deficiencies. These heel suspension boots are an ideal addition to existing treatment regimens and also can be used in cases of foot drop, flaccid paralysis (non-spastic), pre and post-operative hip fractures and skin grafts.
Made from soft, firm, medical grade foam with a convoluted design, the Original Classic Heelift Suspension Boot effectively removes pressure from the heel, preventing heel ulcers, pressure ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers from forming.
- Ventilation holes provide additional air circulation to promote increased patient comfort.
- Two padded Velcro® fastening straps adjust to accommodate different sized patients, health conditions, and wound dressings.
- Friction-free tricot backing on the underside increases patient mobility.
- Polyethylene stiffener prevents boot from buckling.
- To control hip rotation, the loose elevation pad can be affixed in a horizontal position to the outside of the boot to prevent external rotation.
- To accommodate patient size, the lower elevation pad which is affixed to the inside of the boot can be trimmed or positioned forward or backward.
- To prevent foot-drop, the loose pad can be placed under the forefoot.
- For additional support for heavier patients, the loose pad can be repositioned and affixed on top of the fixed elevation pad.
- Boots are machine washable if placed in a net laundry bag with the Velcro® straps closed and the extra elevation pads removed.
For non-edematous legs or patients who prefer a slightly cooler boot, choose Original Heelift Convoluted Foam. Original Heelift Smooth Foam is ideal for patients with edematous legs, as it will not create "impressions" on the leg.
Non-returnable if packaging is opened.
Heelift Suspension Boot Instructions
Heelift Suspension Boot Specifications:
- Choose from: Original Heelift Convoluted Foam CDM 99100D or Heelift Smooth Foam CDM 99200D
- Standard size measures: 12 inches from heel to calf. 9 inches from heel to toe.
- Fits Calf Circumference: 8 inches - 14 inches.
- Fits Height Range: 60 inches - 77 inches.
- Weight Range: 120 lbs. - 250 lbs.
- Made in: USA.