The Deluxe Sock Aid
is a dressing tool for users who have difficulty bending due to back, hip or knee problems. Caregivers can assist users in putting on their socks without bending over.
The Deluxe Sock Aid has a flexible plastic sheet that contours comfortably around the heel and keeps the sock open for the user's foot to enter. The user pulls the sock onto their foot by pulling the cloth straps that are attached to the upper end of the plastic sheet. The straps measure 29 inches long and have loop handles. The inside of the trough is lined with nylon to reduce friction to allow the foot to slide, and outside is lined with terry cloth to hold the sock firmly until it is on the foot. The Deluxe Sock Aid is often recommended by Occupational Therapists for users who have limited mobility to prevent excessive bending when dressing.
Deluxe Sock Aid Specifications
- Materials: Nylon, Terry Cloth, and Plastic.
- Measures: 9.5 inches long, 7.5 inches wide.
- Straps measure: 1 inch wide, 29 inches long.
- Handles: 2 fabric loop handles.
- Care: Hand wash in warm soapy water. Hang to dry.